Amicus Briefs Filed with the U.S. Supreme Court|
in Gratz v.
Bollinger (Undergraduate Lawsuit)
Summary of Arguments in Amicus BriefsGratz
Amicus briefs filed IN SUPPORT OF
THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN:
updated April 4, 2003
- 3M, et al. (Fortune 500 Corporations) (136K .pdf)*
- American Council on Education, et al. (3.1M .pdf)*
- American Educational Research Association, et al.
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) (352K .pdf)*
- American Jewish Committee, et al. (116K MSWord .doc)**
- American Psychological Association (220K .pdf)*
- Amherst College, et al.
- Authors of the Ten Percent Plan
- Bay Mills Indian Community, et al. (208K .pdf)*
- Lt. Gen. Julius W. Becton, Jr., et al.
(Retired Military Leaders) (212K .pdf)*
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Greater Chicago (204K .pdf)*
- Carnegie Mellon University and 37 Fellow Private Colleges and Universities
- Cities of Philadelphia and Cleveland, and the National Conference of Black Mayors 176K .pdf)*
- College Board (1.5M .pdf)*
- Columbia University, et al. (120K .pdf)*
- John Conyers and Other Members of Congress (332K .pdf)*
- General Motors Corporation (204K .pdf)*
- Rep. Richard A. Gephardt, et al., (3.8M .pdf)*
- Harvard University, et al.
- Hayden Family (1M .pdf)*
- Howard University (116K .pdf)*
- Human Rights Advocates and University of Minnesota Human Rights Center (172K .pdf)*
- Latino Organizations (National Council of La Raza, et al.) (916K .pdf)*
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, et al. (984K .pdf)*
- Leadership Conference on Civil Rights (828K .pdf)*
- MTV Networks (1.5M .pdf)*
- Massachusette Institute of Technology, et al. (156K MSWord .doc)**
- Media Companies (60K MSWord .doc)**
- Members of Congress (356K .pdf)*
- Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm (2.2M .pdf)*
- National Asian Pacific American Legal Consortium (NAPALC), et al. (184K MSWord .doc)**
- National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America, et al. (NCOBRA) (92K MSWord .doc)**
- National School Boards Association, et al. (156K MSWord .doc)**
- National Urban League, et al. (248K .pdf)*
- NEA, its state affiliates, AFSCME and People For the American Way (356K .pdf)*
- New America Alliance (104K MSWord .doc)**
- New York City Council Speaker Gifford Miller, et al. (3.1M .pdf)*
- Northeastern University (80K .pdf)*
- NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund, et al. (5M .pdf)*
- Senators Thomas A. Daschle, et al. (2.1M .pdf)*
- Social Scientists Loury, et al. (92K .pdf)*
- State of Maryland, et al. (including 21 states and the Territory of the U.S. Virgin Islands) (684K .pdf)*
- State of New Jersey (108K .pdf)*
- United Negro College Fund and Kappa Alpha Psi (256K .pdf)
- University of Pittsburgh, et al. (2M .pdf)*
* NOTE: If you don't already have a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader to access PDFs, you can obtain a free copy from Adobe.
To download .pdf file with a PC:
Right mouse click on link below, then choose "save as" in Netscape ("save target as" in IE) to save it to your computer, and then double click on it to run it.
To download .pdf file with a Mac:
Click on link below, then choose "save this link as" to save it to your computer, and then double click on it to run it.
** NOTE: The documents noted as 'MSWord .doc' will download to your computer for viewing.
Top of page