Diversity, equity and inclusion are merely words, until they are realized through active learning, research, outreach and service. The University of Michigan encourages and engenders broad diversity throughout the academic community, and celebrates those who make extraordinary achievements and contributions to equity and inclusion, on campus and beyond.
- Carol Hollenshead Award for excellence in promoting equity and social change.
- Circle Award, La Celebración Latina given to persons who have made significant contributions to the harmony and strength of the Latino and University communities through their work, leadership and service.
- Cornerstone Award recognizes the unique contributions and assistance provided by a member of faculty and/or staff to enhance the academic and social progress of African American students at U-M.
- Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award given to staff demonstrating extraordinary commitment and dedication to diversity at U-M
- Ida Gray Award presented to a dental student, faculty member and a dental school alumnus who promotes diversity throughout the U-M School of Dentistry.
- Harold Johnson Diversity Service Award recognizes faculty whose service contributes to the development of a culturally and ethnically diverse campus community.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Student Awards honors students for their commitment to social justice in the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Library Diversity Award given to a library staff member or group who promotes and embodies the ideas of the Library Diversity Program.
- James T. Neubacher Award given to an exceptional advocate for people with disabilities.
- Laurita Thomas Diversity Champion Award recognizes individuals, groups and departments within the U-M Health System for their contribution to creating and promoting an inclusive environment for all.
- Michigan Difference Student Leadership Awards recognizes and celebrates students at U-M who are doing remarkable things.
- Shirley Verrett Award recognizes a faculty member whose work – including teaching, performance, scholarship, or service – supports the success of female students or faculty in the arts who come from diverse cultural and racial backgrounds.
To add your school- or college-based program to this page, contact: email@example.com.