Welcome to the University of Michigan’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategic Planning Toolkit
This online resource highlights information and insights from U-M’s DEI Strategic Planning and Implementation process. We invite you to watch the below video introducing the toolkit.
The toolkit represents U-M’s own efforts to share its model, as well as what has been learned by implementing this plan to the larger community—as many institutions of higher learning are striving to create their own DEI strategic plans.
Included on this page are a set of individual guides that cover key steps and processes involved in creating and sustaining an organization-wide DEI plan that may be adapted to your own environment, including foundational components and signature initiatives.
- Building High-Level Buy-In and Support
- Organizing and Implementing a Strategic Plan
- Creating Leadership Roles and Structures
- Engaging in Your Community
- Communicating Why We Work on DEI
- Budget Planning and Process
- Marketing and Communications
- Developing a DEI Strategic Plan Launch and Anchoring Event
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Legal Issues for Planning and Implementation
- Reducing Economic Barriers: The Go Blue Guarantee
- Cultivating College Access: Wolverine Pathways
- Recruiting Diverse Faculty: Collegiate Fellows Program
- Michigan Medicine Recruitment Toolkit
- Inclusive Teaching Professional Development
- Creating a University Diversity Professorship
- Organizational Learning, Education and Development
- Fostering Inclusion: Trotter Multicultural Center
- Developing a High Impact Staff Event